PRODUCTS / SERVICES
A UNIQUE DIGITAL PRINTING SERVICE
FOR photographers & artistS
WHAT our CLIENTS HAVE BEEN SAYING
"You continue to demonstrate good advice, attention to detail, and flawless images. I have used many labs over the years, but never one where the printer was an artist and photographer who could communicate well. I am learning from you." (Mike Field, Surrey, BC)
GUIDELINES: UPLOADING IMAGE FILES FOR PRINTING
Do whatever creative work you wish to the image before uploading, such as levels, tone curves, saturation and cropping but please do not re-size, sharpen or apply noise reduction.
We apply sharpening and noise reduction before and after enlarging in 2 or 3 distinct operations, including the very last one before printing, done to a finely controlled, exact amount which is determined by the unique file image qualities and the degree of enlargement. Each image is individually assessed to determine the correct enlargement settings/method.
Upload the image file at the original resolution/size as captured by...
Is your monitor calibrated for accurately viewing images?
Do your prints always come out looking way too dark compared to your monitor image? That's because your monitor is set too bright, perhaps to 'gaming' & 'video' standards that are are around 400% the brightness of paper based print values! You might then compensate by darkening your images so they look OK on your un-calibrated screen and then send those 'darkened' images to your printer. No good. Your prints will only match your screen when your monitor is correctly adjusted for printing...
more resources / articles
- Calibrating Screen Resolution to Determine "Print Size" in Adobe Photoshop [Video Tutorial 6:10]
- Processing RAW Files: Removing Noise & Vignetting in Adobe Camera Raw [Video Tutorial 20:57]
- Saving RAW Files [without losing quality] [Illustrated Tutorial]
- How to Use Borders to Place Any Image Within Standard Sheet Sizes [Illustrated Tutorial]
- Photographing Artwork with 35mm Cameras: A Few Basic Guidelines [Tutorial]
- About Digital (Giclée) Fine Art Printing
- Traditional Conservation / Archival Framing (Behind Glass)